Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chocolate Cookies

I decided to make some chocolate cookies for our High School Musical 2 party tomorrow night. Of course, I'll bring some in to work, too.
Chocolate Cookies (Makes 30)

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 4 tablespoons of butter
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks (I used Baker's)
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, optional
Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  • Melt the 8 ounces of roughly chopped chocolate with the 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. Be careful not to burn it. I did about 5 intervals of 20 seconds.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix on high for about 5 minutes. The mixture should be thick and glossy.
  • Mix in the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just blended. Stir in the 12 ounces of chocolate chunks and walnuts. Let the mixture sit for about ten minutes.
  • Use a cookie scoop (about 1.5" in diameter) to scoop the dough onto buttered baking sheets about 3 inches apart. I put 9 cookies onto each sheet just to be safe.
  • Bake for 13 minutes. Do not overbake!! You don't want the middle of the cookie to harden.
  • Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes and then place onto a cooling rack.



    Enjoy!







I've also come to the realization that I need to get some nicer plates. Living the life as a poor college student with a kitchen packed with hand-me-down dishes and silverware is no fun. But hey, at least it was free, right?

2 comments:

Mike said...

I can't wait to eat these...mmmm

Anonymous said...

Jenni, all your food looks so amazing o_O. Haha, the last time I made cookies, I used tartar sauce instead of cream of tartar >__<.