Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mint Ice Cream Cake

Girl Scout Thin Mints, mint ice cream, hot fudge, and chocolate wafers layered into a cake - what could be better?

I had several boxes of Thin Mints laying around and as much as I love them, I haven't been able to finish them all yet. So I figured I would put them to good use.

Mint ice cream is also one of my favorite flavors, so I figured that I couldn't go wrong with this!


Mint Ice Cream Cake

Ingredients
  • 1 box of chocolate wafers (I used Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
  • 1/2 stick of butter, melted
  • 1/2 box of Thin Mints (1 roll), crushed
  • 1/2 gallon of mint ice cream, softened enough to spread
  • 1/2 jar of hot fudge sauce
Directions
  • In a food processor, crush the wafers (I used about 2/3 a box for the crust). Add the butter and mix until combined. Press the wafers into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
  • Carefully spread half the ice cream on top of the crust.
  • Sprinkle the crushed Thin Mints (a food processor works fine) on top of the ice cream and drizzle the fudge on top of the Thin Mints.
  • Spread the remaining ice cream on top of the Thin Mint layer.
  • Freeze the cake for at least 30 minutes - you want the ice cream to harden back up.
  • Before cutting, run a knife dipped in hot water around the edge of the pan to loosen. Cut the cake with a warm knife as well.
  • Serve the cake with the remaining hot fudge sauce!

No comments: