Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crumb-Topped Rhubarb


I got a ton of rhubarb when I went home last weekend and I was sick of making pie, so I decided to make this Crumb-Topped Rhubarb I found on allrecipes.com. I modified it a bit after reading through the reviews, and here's what I ended up with! This recipe is definitely a keeper - it was incredibly easy to make...and it didn't taste bad either ;)

Crumb-Topped Rhubarb

Ingredients
  • 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
    For the topping-
  • 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Spoon into a greased 9x9 in baking dish and set aside.
  • Combine the flour, brown sugar and oats in a medium-sized bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the rhubarb mixture.
  • Bake for 40 minutes or until light brown and bubbly.

No comments: